Re: [Exim] E-mail forwarding confusion

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] E-mail forwarding confusion
At 5:31 pm +0300 2004/06/03, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
>This is because I have a rule like this:
>

>deny  message        = Suspected spoofed the sender address. Please use \
>                        smtp authentication to send e-mail.
>       !hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
>       !authenticated = *
>       sender_domains = wananchi.com : [62.8.64.4] : [212.49.74.4]

>I suspect I am wrong here, but I don't like the idea of e-mails having
>@wananchi.com coming from servers other than 62.8.64.4 or 212.49.74.4
>as I have received those severally.
>
>Either my way of doing it is simple, plausible and WRONG, or I am damn
>confused.

both.

If you want to ever (and you want to) do a check like the one above,
you must use it for scoring only.
[And optionally] if you want this scoring to be effective, you can
apply delays if the total score is below the reject threshold. You
can also while list (that is add a !hosts = +whitelisted_hosts) those
hosts you know are forwarding regularly to youyou don't want to delay
them unnecessarily.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/