Re: [Exim] Combining conditions . . .

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: konrad, Exim-Users (E-mail)
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Combining conditions . . .
Konrad Michels wrote:
> Hi again folks
> I've managed to sort out my routers for the mysql queries to give a 550
> error: if anyone's interested I'll post it - just let me know.
>
> What I'm attempting to do now, well, what I've actually done already is
> setup an autoreply transport being called by a router to do vacation
> replies. It all works quite neatly, but I've one thing that I've not
> quite managed yet, all due, I suspect, to to many {{{{{}}}}}{{{}{}{{}'s
> and me not being able to see the logic for the {}'s!
>
> In my router that calls the autoreply transport, I've got a condition
> statement which checks the database to check whether or not the router
> must be run:
>
> condition = ${if eq{} {${lookup mysql{SELECT autoresponder \
>                FROM smtp WHERE autoresponder='yes' \
>                AND username='$local_part@$domain' \
>                }}}{no}{yes}}

*cough**cleaningglasses*
If your autoresponder is an enum that only can return yes/no you can
easily use
${lookup mysql{select autoresponder from smtp where \
username='${quote_mysql:$local_part}@$domain'}}

> So, quite simply, if there's a "yes" in table "smtp" and field
> "autoresponder", it will run the router, which it does.
>
> What I've got from a previous exim installation's vacation router though
> is the following condition:
>
> condition = "${if or {{match {$h_precedence:} {(?i)junk|bulk|list}} \
>                 {eq {$sender_address} {}}} {no} {yes}}"

> which is also fairly straightforward in making sure we don't respond to
> certain types of mail.
>
> What I've been struggling with is combining the two conditions in the
> router. Don't know if I'm on the right track here, but I would sure
> appreciate some assistance in getting the two conditions combined.
>
> Many thanks for your time and patience!

It helps to seperate the single conditions into seperate lines. Also,
you don't need to use and/or every time.

I would suggest something like:

${if or {\
           { match {$h_precedence:} {(?i)junk|bulk|list} } \
           { eq {$sender_address} {} } \
         } {no} \
           {${lookup mysql{select autoresponder from smtp where \
              username='${quote_mysql:$local_part}@$domain'}}}\
  }

First with a have or-condition, with two sub-conditions (match and eq),
these are evaluated, when ONE of them is true, no is returned. When none
of them is true, the lookup is started, that will return yes or no,
depending on the current autoresponder setting.

(untested, but should work)

Usually exim -d+expand -be is your friend for testing.

Nico