[Exim] Vanishing emails

Autor: Jefferson Allen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Vanishing emails
First off I am not the person that typically deals with our exim mail
server.

Currently I have one user that periodically has emails that he has sent go
missing and emails sent to him go missing. I have run the following command
to see if the log sees these missing emails and it does. Typically it will
look like the following:

# /usr/exim/bin/exigrep roger /var/log/exim/maillog

2004-06-01 21:23:57 1BVNIC-0005ER-VH <= joe@??? H=(mail.joe.com)
[65.77.19.164] P=esmtp S=1655
id=A16DCEBE11390148868D7AA6AB2B07FC03E0AB7B@???
2004-06-01 21:23:57 1BVNIC-0005ER-VH => roger <roger@???>
R=localuser T=local_delivery
2004-06-01 21:23:57 1BVNIC-0005ER-VH Completed

    So this tells me, we received it and it was successfully sent to
user roger @ /var/mail/roger. But he has never received this email. Is there
some place else I can look to see that it was picked up by user roger when
they retrieved their mail from the server. Right now it makes no sense why
this user does not have it in their inbox. Rules in Outlook have also been
ruled out.

Any insight would be appreciated.