Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Autor: Andrew - Supernews
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Tor> Exim's default timeout for callout checks is 30s; see section
Tor> 38.22 in spec.txt.

I'm aware of that. As far as I'm concerned it's a bug.

Callout is a somewhat borderline tactic in any event (certain large
mail services, superficially an attractive target for callout
verification due to frequent forgeries, _will_ block you if they catch
you doing it). We use it only as a way of informing people that they
are blocking us (turning it on for those specific domains means that
they get to see their own rejection message in our response).

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com