Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew - Supernews
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Edgar> However, you should note that there is a bunch of MTA software
Edgar> whos developers seem to think that 30 sec is long enough to
Edgar> wait,

And some which think that even 10 seconds is too long...

We delay in the connect ACL if the source IP is in any of a number of
blacklists, including many which might normally be considered too
aggressive for normal use. This works particularly well with the
Spamcop blacklist, and with Dynablock-type lists.

This causes a problem for legitimate mail only if the sender is _both_
running a broken MTA and is blacklisted - we ran into this only once
so far, with the outgoing mailservers for (IIRC) mts.net being listed
in the SORBS "spam" list (which we no longer use for this purpose).

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com