RE: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mike 'Fraz' White
Para: 'Mike Bacher', exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

an
> arbitrary amount of time (say, 40 seconds or so)? The idea is that

most
> spamware will give up after 30 seconds (most are quite impatient from
> what I've read) and move on to the next host. Others that have
> implemented it on their MTAs have seen good results with this method.
>
> --

I haven't tried it but I spotted this earlier. I suppose you could use
it at the first stage of your ACLs

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_38.html#CHAP38

delay = <time>

This modifier causes Exim to wait for the time interval before
proceeding. The time is given in the usual Exim notation. This modifier
may appear in any ACL. The delay happens as soon as the modifier is
processed. Like control, delay can be used with accept or deny, for
example:

  deny    ...some conditions...
          delay = 30s

The delay happens if all the conditions are true, before the statement
returns "deny". Compare this with:

  deny    delay = 30s
          ...some conditions...

which waits for 30s before processing the conditions. The delay modifier
can also be used with warn and together with control:

warn ...some conditions...
delay = 2m
control = freeze
accept ...