Re: [Exim] spool over NFS?

Author: Ray Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spool over NFS?
<-- Warning: charset 'format' is not supported -->

We are planning to migrate to Maildir++ (Courier-Imap), so I'm not
worried about
the final delivery into the mail store. The issue I had was more with exim's
queue (db,msglog,input) - so I'll create 3 mount points on the NetApp for the
queues:

/queue/mail1
/queue/mail2
/queue/mail3

one for each server (each containing db,msglog,input sub-directories), and a
single shared mail store mounted as:

/store

This way, if one of our mail servers dies a death - we can simply build a new
box quickly (we run debian+exim - so that'll take 15 minutes!), setup all the
mount points and not lose any mail or DB state for the queue. This was the
reason for my original question of a shared mail queue (e.g. sharing 'msglog'
and 'input' between servers) - but I'm happy with having seperate
queues and an
unpatched Exim if that is the safest option.

Cheers,
Ray