Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support

Author: Tom Kistner
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support
David Woodhouse wrote:

>>I disagree. If the sending party wants to shoot itself in the foot, I'll
>>hand them the gun.
>
> You just handed the loaded gun to the _receiving_ party though. The
> sender is asking the receiver to shoot them in the foot.

[...]

> SRS would solve that problem, if it was ever going to actually get
> ubiquitously deployed.

Right, but the reverse conclusion is that no domain should advertise
"fail" in its SPF record until the last SMTP system world-wide has
implemented SRS? This will never happen.

Now that it is daytime on the other side of the atlantic, I'm sure Greg
will wake up and confirm this theory for me :)

/tom