Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support
Tom Kistner wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:
>
>> SRS would solve that problem, if it was ever going to actually get
>> ubiquitously deployed.
>
> Right, but the reverse conclusion is that no domain should advertise
> "fail" in its SPF record until the last SMTP system world-wide has
> implemented SRS? This will never happen.

Another thing to note is that not even the SPF folks particularly 'like'
SRS - and SPF is going through some heavy evolution, following discussions
with the people behind Microsoft's proposals.

Probably best not to start separate discussions here - head over to the
SPF list for details.

This is all still very 'draft', lets' not forget. While I applaud Tom for
taking the initiative, it would be wrong to give the impression to casual
downloaders of Exiscan that SPF is anything near 'final' or 'approved'.

Peter