[Exim] AOL Feedback loop TOS Notifications

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Genie Livingstone
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: [Exim] I am hampered
Asunto: [Exim] AOL Feedback loop TOS Notifications
The other day one of our mail servers got blacklisted by AOL and could
not transmit any email to AOL addresses.  AOL provided header and nice
message for sys admin to go to http://postmaster.aol.com
So I opened the ticket and was told that number of AOL member SPAM
complaints triggered the blacklisting of one of our machines.  Noting to
AOL TOS team that we are a spam free provider and the only time any spam
would reach an AOL member through our servers is if the AOL member hosts
their website/domain with us and chooses to forward mail for the domain
they own to their AOL address.  We were promptly delisted and to monitor
what AOL members report we signed up for AOL Feedback Loop, so now we
get a copy of all emails that are reported by AOL Members as spam that
originated from any one of our outgoing mail mail server IP
addresses.    I get anywhere from 0 to three or those per day.

AOL munges the AOL members email address, citing privacy issues so
sometimes it is difficult to determine who reported the message as SPAM
to help prevent further deliveries of such messages to that AOL member.

Exim does pretty good job in headers when email is forwarded, so we
usually see customers original domain/email address in the header and
from the original email address we can track down their AOL email
address and educate our customer about the fact they just reported their
own mail server to AOL as spam source.

But I have had a couple of customers newsletters to members who
subscribed being reported, so those are direct mailings from our server
to aol.com email address and as such I do not have a way to see which
AOL member no longer welcomes being emailed by one of our customers.

Has anyone seen exim filter that would somewhat encode recipient email
address and add it to the headers? The address needs to be encoded
otherwise AOL will strip it, their privacy policy and TOS feedback look
machines process the feedback look email so instead of TO:
unhappymember@??? we see undisclosed_recipients@??? - even a
header that would change unhappymember@??? to unhappymember at aol
dot com would do the job so we could help deleting those unhappy members
from our customers lists

Cheers
Genie Livingstone