Re: [Exim] AOL Feedback loop TOS Notifications

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] AOL Feedback loop TOS Notifications
On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 04:40:34PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Genie Livingstone wrote:
> >Has anyone seen exim filter that would somewhat encode recipient email
> >address and add it to the headers? The address needs to be encoded
> >otherwise AOL will strip it, their privacy policy and TOS feedback look
> this is a function of your list manager - a well documented funtion
> called VERP

This won't necessarily help you, because they may well be spotting verp-ed
addresses (I don't know the details of AOL), and the message isn't bouncing,
it's being reported to AOL as spam. I'm fed up with lusers who report things
as spam instead of unsubscribing, though. I get the odd few on lists I run.

It's probably easier to add a header which munges all information about the
email address (eg, by encrypting it), so that it's not even findable as an
email address.

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/