[Exim] Recipient Verification/manualroute question

Author: Kelley Reynolds
To: Lists - Exim
Subject: [Exim] Recipient Verification/manualroute question
When using manualroute, if the host's IP cannot be found, there are several options to choose from... defer, pass fail, freeze, etc. The default is to freeze, which is a good thing. However, I don't know that freezing has any meaning under a recipient verification context. Currently, the behavior appears to be that if a forward host's IP cannot be found during recipient callout verification, it defers. Is there any way to accept during verification so that the message gets in the queue and either eventually gets delivered or deleted? I know it's seems like a bit of a hack, but the only other way I could think of to do this would be to have an additional router and have this on pass to it on failing to find a host (which may be the proper way to do it).

Any thoughts?

Kelley Reynolds