RE: [Exim] Secondary MX Administration

Autor: Mike 'Fraz' White
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Secondary MX Administration

Take a look at using Webmin (http://www.webmin.com).

Create a user within it (not a system user), eg exim / mailmanager, and
only give them access to the eximmonitor (not included in the standard
install but available from http://mtlx.free.fr/webmin/exim/ )and
filemanager plugins. Set the permissions on both modules so that this
user can't change the configuration and in the filemanager module only
give them access to the directory where your exim configuration files
are located.

Just to make sure that they cant mess up your configuration too much
accidentally, use flat text files in a different directory referenced
from your main configuration file for any variables that may require
editing eg lists of blocked IPs etc.

Eg my /etc/exim.conf uses files located in /etc/exim/ which are
referenced from the main conf file as follows

local_domains = /etc/exim/local_domains
relay_domains = /etc/exim/relay_domains
relay_hosts = /etc/exim/relay_hosts
hosts = /etc/exim/hosts_deny
dnslists = /etc/exim/dnslists
domains = /etc/exim/isps

Alternatively you could first create a webmin group with the above
access restrictions and then add individual users to that group.
Optionally youcan also restrict access to the webmin interface to
specific IPs. You could also create custom commands in the appropriate
webmin module to allow this user to stop/start exim if necessary.

--
Mike 'Fraz' White
www.smartowner.co.uk