Re: [Exim] Re: [SA-exim] local_scan is crashing (log_write c…

Autor: Adam D. Barratt
A: Brian Kendig, Marc MERLIN
CC: Exim-users, Philip Hazel
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: [SA-exim] local_scan is crashing (log_write crash)
On Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:25 PM, Brian Kendig <brian@???> wrote:

> Some additional information.

[...]
> I tried putting a copy of this line immediately before it, and
> changing my copy of the line. I came up with this small example which
> always crashes:
>
> log_write(0, LOG_MAIN, "got here: %d %s", fdsize, "foo");
>
> Whereas this will work successfully:
>
> log_write(0, LOG_MAIN, "got here: %s %d", "foo", fdsize);
>
> And these also work:

[...]

My immediate suspicion would be that you're corrupting the stack, hence
reversing the arguments working (also only using one argument, and using
constants).

I don't have access to an OS X box to test, but the first thing I'd look at
is what sizeof(off_t) and sizeof(int) are equal to in that environment. I'd
put good money on them being different.

Regards,

Adam