Re: [Exim] Thoughts on sender/host verification.

Autor: Tony Finch
A: Scott Call
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Thoughts on sender/host verification.
On Wed, 19 May 2004, Scott Call wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
>
> > This is basically the same as SPF, and has exactly the same set of problems.
>
> Please expand on this statement, I'm curious about it.

SPF is based on a false assumption (that SMTP endpoints are email
endpoints), and will cause email to break in new and troublesome ways.

A fair number of my users forward their email to places like AOL etc. If
AOL were to start doing SPF checks, some of my users' email would
sometimes bounce depending on whether the sender advertises SPF records or
not.

--
Tony Finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/