Re: [Exim] Yahoo DomainKeys...

Autor: Andreas Steinmetz
A: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Yahoo DomainKeys...
Dean Brooks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you may have seen this already, but I saw on news.com that
> Yahoo published a website recently about their DomainKeys message-
> signing system as their suggested (and IETF submitted) method of
> stopping spam.
>
>    http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Sorry, but my point of view is that this system is utter bullshit.

1. There already exist solutions which require less processing power
    (think of high throughput MTAs) and are proven to work, e.g.
    SPF , see spf.pobox.com (Greg? <me ducks>)

2. What I really laugh at is the 'that the message was not tampered
    with' part. And who the f..k asserts that the message wasn't
    tampered with between sending MUA and MTA (evil grin)?

3. If you wan't to sign a message there's well known and better
    solutions like PGP/GnuPG that just don't fit a certain company's web
    mail service.

4. Patent claims? For what? This kind of joke can really happen only in
    a certain well known country. Wait until a certain breathing
    rythm gets patented...

I'm not going to discuss this further. It is OT anyway.
--
Andreas Steinmetz                       SPAMmers use robotrap@???