RE: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

Autor: Mike 'Fraz' White
A: 'Alan J. Flavell', 'Exim users list'
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

--
Mike 'Fraz' White
www.smartowner.co.uk

--8<--

> That's all well and good, from *their* point of view, but how are we
> (who have no contractual relationship with them, and know nothing
> about them beyond what we can discern in the DNS and in public RBLs)
> supposed to know that they belong to the select band of folks who are
> capable of running their own mailer? If they walk like a duck, and
> quack like a duck, I'm afraid on the balance of probabilities they
> shouldn't be surprised to be treated like one by their potential
> recipients.

Which takes us back full circle to my wishful thinking earlier in this
thread that it would be nice if the maintainers of the various RBLs
could also run a system whereby users such as myself could have
themselves tagged as 'responsible' mailservers.

I fully agree that something needs to be done about the volume of spam
and viruses out there ,all I'm asking is that not everyone is 'tarred
with the same brush' :-)