RE: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

Autor: Mike 'Fraz' White
A: 'Matthew Byng-Maddick', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

properly.

> MBM
>

> --

Just jumping back in having seen this from the other side of the fence
so to speak.

The ISP who I used to work on their abuse team for, specifically allow
residential customers to run mail servers (subject to conditions) in
their User Policy.

The number of complaints received about such customers were
negligible(and more often than not those complaints that were received
were business rather than residential). In my experience 99.9% of
complaints received about spam originating from customers PCs are due to
either virus/Trojan infection or default installations of third party
proxy/ICS software not from customers running small mail servers as a
hobby etc. Generally speaking they value their connections too much to
risk losing them.

--
Mike 'Fraz' White
www.smartowner.co.uk