Re: [Exim] in-line pipe?

Autor: Bradford Carpenter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] in-line pipe?
On Mon, 17 May 2004 11:50:14 -0700 (PDT), Scott Call wrote:

> dspam has compile-time options to return messages sent to it to STDOUT
> with apropriate signatures and headers instead of calling an MTA to do the
> delivery, and I'd like to know if I can take advantage of that.
>
> Ideally (in psuedocode) I'd like something like:
>
> If /var/spool/dspam/opt-in/$local_part exists then
> pipe the message through /usr/bin/dpam --user $local_part and use the
> output from the pipe as the message and continue delivery?
>
> Is this possible or should I stick with the two-stage setup?
>
> Thanks
> -Scott

I experimented with dspam a bit, before opting for spamprobe, and
considered the possibility you mention. Seems like you should be able
to set this up using a transport filter (see Chapter 24 of the exim
spec), but I never tried it.

If you attempt this, please report back with your results! Seems to be
a fair amount of interest on the list in getting dspam working with
exim lately.

Best regards.
Brad