Re: [Exim] exim 4.34 and mailman 2.1.1: configures like in F…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4.34 and mailman 2.1.1: configures like in FAQ but does not work
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 10:40, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Scott Call wrote:
>
> > As a side note, as someone who administers a few 700+ user lists, VERP is
> > your friend. it adds a little to the overall system load but helps the
>
> But also it creates a lot of extra traffic and makes sender-verify
> callouts a pain. (When VERP is used on every message)

BTW there are (at least) 2 forms of VERP in use:-
      * Sender is a combination of the list and the recipient address
      * Sender is a combination of the list, recipient and a tag
        identifying the message

If you use the first one then you have proper sender/recipient tagging,
but do not have unique VERP addresses per message, so your sender verify
callout caching should work much as normal - just you have as many
sender addresses as you have recipients on your site. Just make sure
you have some degree of callout caching in place.

    Nigel.