Re: [Exim] exim 4.34 and mailman 2.1.1: configures like in F…

Author: Russell King
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4.34 and mailman 2.1.1: configures like in FAQ but does not work
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 11:40:04AM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Scott Call wrote:
>
> > As a side note, as someone who administers a few 700+ user lists, VERP is
> > your friend. it adds a little to the overall system load but helps the
>
> But also it creates a lot of extra traffic and makes sender-verify
> callouts a pain. (When VERP is used on every message)

Although you can't get away from the extra traffic, you can cut down
on the local spool size by telling mailman not to use VERP when sending,
but configure exim to rewrite the SMTP FROM at SMTP time. We do this
for all our mailman lists and it works nicely.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/