[Exim] changing the behaviour of deferred deliveries

Autor: Iain_Gray
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] changing the behaviour of deferred deliveries
Hello

I am stuck with a problem about deferred deliveries due to temporary
errors (specifically recipients with overquota mailboxes)

I am using Exim 4.34 with Cyrus Imap

When a mail is deferred due to over quota I want the mail to be instantly
failed and handled the same way bounce and warning messages are handled,
but I cannot seem to get this to work.

I have no retry times set as I do not want failed messages to retry.

How do I set exim so that deferred messages are handled in the same way?

Ideally I would like a deferred message to fail and create a bounce
message that is sent to the "errors_to" address I have set in the
transport that handles the mail delivery.

Any help much apreciated.

Iain Gray
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
http://www.scee.com

postmaster@???

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.

SCEE 2004