Re: [Exim] EXIM LDAP Virtual Users & Distribution Lists

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
CC: Lee W
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM LDAP Virtual Users & Distribution Lists
--
søn, 16.05.2004 kl. 11.12 skrev Lee W:

> I am trying to setup a completely virtual mail server (users with no shell
> accounts) that users will access though LDAP and a couple of things I am having
> trouble figuring out.
>
> Firstly, one of the things I wish to do is keep the users mail & files (accessed
> via SAMBA) seperate. So I need to specify two paths in the accounts, the
> posixAccount LDAP type has an attribute for homeDirectory, but I have been
> unable to find an equivilent mailDirectory attribute anywhere. Would it be
> possible to use the attribute 'otherMailbox' to represent something like
> 'EXIMDIR:/var/mail/vusers/user1' which is the users maildir on the server or can
> someone suggest another way of doing it?

Would be helpful if you mentioned what LDAP: I assume Openldap because
of Samba. Try qmail.schema. I've attached it, the exim list strips
attachments, but I've CCed you :) You don't want posixAccount for
non-shell users. Another useful (not as useful as qmail.schema) schema
is authldap.schema that comes with Courier IMAP.

> Secondly (and this is the bit I really cannot get my head round), is there a
> good way of storing distribution lists in LDAP so that the email address for the
> list only has to be updated in one place, or does every user have to have the
> list address as part of the account properties?

Small(ish) lists you can set up with qmailuser so:

dn: cn=nederland,ou=mailinglists,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: qmailUser
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
mail: nederland@???
mailForwardingAddress: kvikk@???
mailForwardingAddress: frigg@???
mailForwardingAddress: sammy@???
sn: nederland
cn: nederland
mailLocalAddress: nederland@???

Best,

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: qmailUser