[Exim] A couple things before I start my Exim migration

Author: Tom Wiebe Lists
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] A couple things before I start my Exim migration
Greetings all,

Am getting ready to move my mail server from Stalker's agin SIMS
running on Mac OS9 to my spiffy new Exim installation.

Have found Exim nice to work with, after flirting briefly with Postfix
and Qmail but, there's a couple of things that SIMS does that I haven't
been able to figure out on Exim yet.

SpamTraps - SIMS allows you to designate certain addresses as spamtrap
addresses and any host sending email to one of these addresses (which I
disseminate widely) blacklists the sending server for a short time. A
simple yet remarkably effective anti-spam measure. Is there a way to do
this on Exim. I believe Stalker's CommunigatePro does this as well.

Blocking Address Harvesters - When an attempt to send email to a number
of invalid addresses is made, the sending server is temporarily
blacklisted by SIMS. Another simple, and effective anti-spam measure.

Throwaway email addresses - I have a router entry in SIMS that will
send any email addressed to user.<whatever>@domain.com to
user@??? on the server. I use this extensively to sign up for
stuff and, if the address gets abused, can route it to error and I've
blocked a bunch more spam. I've tried using an alias for this, to no
avail, thinking this is likely a router? Any pointers in setting this
up would be most helpful.

Aside from those issues, am really enjoying Exim.

TIA
Tom Wiebe