Re: [Exim] Underscore in domain part (rcpt to phase)

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: ronny.vaningh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Underscore in domain part (rcpt to phase)
Hi ronny!

Monday, May 10, 2004, 5:30:24 PM, you wrote:
> I know ... But it's legacy and sendmail did accept it apparently ....

> But if you can tweak it for the helo phase why not for the rcpt to
> phase?

There is only one way that I know of to get current Exim releases to
accept syntactically invalid addresses in an RCPT TO: by doing
address rewriting at SMTP time (with the capital S flag).

This is described in section 31.7 of the Exim 4.30 spec. That way,
you can at least convert the bad address to something valid, but you
may run into difficulties later when trying to route it.

Andy