Re: [Exim] smtp_active_hostname

Author: Andrew - Supernews
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp_active_hostname

>> So it's derived the lookup for smtp_active_hostname for the HELO
>> response, but not the primary greeting.

Philip> you have not shown your smtp_active_hostname setting, but
Philip> when I do something similar in my tests, it behaves
Philip> differently, using the active host name in the 250
Philip> response.

It's the 220 response he's commenting on, not the 250 response.

My experience with smtp_active_hostname is that it, confusingly, does
not affect the default smtp_banner, so you have to explicitly set that
as well (which involves duplicating whatever expansion you use for
smtp_active_hostname, since there's no way to refer from one to the
other).

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com