Re: [Exim] stop exim logging

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dave Markham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] stop exim logging
On Mon, 10 May 2004, Dave Markham wrote:

> Im doing some mail testing see and am going to be dumping around
> 300,000 incoming mail withy a system filter to just seen finish, but a
> log entry will be created for each. I was thinking I could speed
> things up by not having mainlog etc and wondered if its possible to
> set that. I cant find any info on it in the book etc, all i have so
> far is log_selector = -all to reduce amount

Look in the reference manual for "disable_logging". It is both a router
and a transport option. The manual is incomplete. This option disables
delivery logging as well as error logging. (Noted to fix next edition.)

However, you cannot disable incoming reception logging.

I suppose you could link the log file to /dev/null...