Re: [Exim] Shifting from qmail

To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Shifting from qmail
Thanks for all the responses -

> Are you using vpopmail?

no, we are using pop3d on the qmail server and the new server has cppop
(cPanel Mail Server)

> Why convert? Exim supports Maildir easy enough. I do it here. I happen
> to prefer maildir format to the other formats. I think it's a lot better.

> Exim can easily deliver to maildir, see...

It's shared hosting, i dont think we can have Maildir for some mbox for the
rest.

> IIRC this is just an CDB-file, so you can use an cdb-lookup to find
> everything you need. You can use ${extract...} to retrieve the single

Looks like plain text, the passwords are hashed, should be able to import
onto the new server - just dont know where exim stores its passwords

So to round it all up
a> I n eed to figure where exim stores its user/passwords for mail users

and what format
b> Take the password hashes from qmail server and put them on the exim

servers file
c> import mailfolder to mbox which looks like its just a append from

multiple files into 1

Like i said, im a newbie and there are errors, which is why im asking for
advice!

thanks
dhruv