Re[5]: [Exim] Callout verification

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andy Fletcher
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re[5]: [Exim] Callout verification
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Andy Fletcher wrote:

> Thanks, that's what I thought by reading the manual. So it is the case
> that recipient callouts could quite easily be made to 'external'
> domains, if there are forwarding arrangements setup that cause it.

Yes, but it seems most unlikely. Hosts that are going to use recipient
callouts are going to use them for domains they know they want to relay
for. For those domains, they won't also be doing local aliasing.

> This brings me back to my point about "use_sender" on recipient
> callouts vs sender callouts - the recipient callout is just as likely
> (in this scenario) to cause cascading/possibly looping callouts, is it
> not?

Maybe, but as I said above, I don't think anyone would actually use
recipient callouts in such a way as to make this happen.

And note that, by default, recipient callouts use MAIL FROM:<>

(I'm beginning to regret that I made them do anything else... :-)