Re: [Exim] Exim health monitoring?

Author: Rory Campbell-Lange
To: Scott Call
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim health monitoring?
On 05/05/04, Scott Call (scall@???) wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2004, Matt Bernstein wrote:
> > Better perhaps to just hack the stripcharts for eximon.
>
> The problem is I don't have enough staff or time myself to monitor stuff
> in real time, thus would prefer an email or pager alert when things are
> amiss.

There is a tool called logsurfer+ which can look for threshold numbers
of regex hits in log files within a specified time. So, if you log more
than 20 hits with a certain pattern in, say, 2 minutes, you can trigger
a pager or email alert.

SysAdmin mag had a feature on this a couple of issues ago. The '+'
version of logsurfer seems to have skipped many of the distros -- Debian
doesn't seem to have it. I haven't used it but intend to try it out.

Rory
--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@???>