Re: [Exim] Build exim with make -j 4

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Arkadiusz Patyk
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Build exim with make -j 4
On Thu, 6 May 2004, Arkadiusz Patyk wrote:

> > I suspect the Makefile is just not designed for make -j. Certainly I
> > have never tried it.
>
> Can You try ?

I know nothing about using make with -j. I think it is Gnu make only,
right? Nowadays I do develop on Linux, so I guess I do have the right
make program (until recently I was on Solaris). However, I'm going away
in less than a week, and there seems to be too much going on in this
time for me to start learning something new.

On my desktop, Exim compiles in less than a minute, so I can't see that
parallel building is a huge issue...

Philip