[Exim] Horde, and 'Bcc:' headers transformed to 'To:' header…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ambrose Andrews
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Horde, and 'Bcc:' headers transformed to 'To:' headers...
Hello.

I've been striking a problem with the Horde(imp) and/or Exim (and the
horde(imp) list tells me its not a horde bug, so I'm wondering if it's
an exim misconfiguration.)

Its Exim3.36 (on Debian linux).

If any config option sticks out as a likely cause (or solution), I'd be
grateful to hear it.

Mails sent with no To: line but lots of Bcc: lines have all their Bcc:
lines transformed into To: lines.

[here's what i sent the horde list:]

"""

> Composing mail with the horde, If the To: field is left blank, then all
> the Bcc: recipients end up being To: recipients, resulting in all these
> addresses being visible to all recipients.
>
> I think It'd be better if the user got an error message prompting them
> to put someone in the To: line, rather than silently moving all the Bcc:
> recipients into the To: category.

Sounds like you have a broken MTA. Looking at IMP 3.2.3 (at least), IMP
never
puts any Bcc addresses in to the To: header, even if To: and Cc: are
empty. So
if the message is being sent with Bcc addresses in the To: header, then
something is screwed up down the line from IMP/Horde.

michael

"""

-AA.

- --
Ambrose Andrews
LPO Box 8274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
http://www.vrvl.net/~ambrose/
+61-415544621
CE38 8B79 C0A7 DF4A 4F54 E352 2647 19A1 DB3B F823