Re: [Exim] hold_domains = *

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] hold_domains = *
On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 10:32, Ray Jackson wrote:
> Thanks all - I will do all of the above! I am one of those paranoid types who
> will do everything *just to be sure* that mail gets queued :)

:-)

This probably doesn't apply in your case as an ISP type service, however
I guess that, depending on your ACLs, there could be issues with some of
the ACL resolution looking at the disk - for example a recipient
verification could involve a .forward type read unless the particular
router involved in .forward is set no_verify.

Before you actually do this, you would be well advised to fire up a
daemon (on another port) with the modded config file/parameters in debug
modeand make sure its not doing anything it would be unable to do during
your outage period.

Exim is a pretty complex beast, and the ACL configurations can turn it
into a very very complex beast, so predicting how it reacts without
knowing the whole system is damn difficult now.

    Nigel.