Re: [Exim] hold_domains = *

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Frank Elsner
CC: Ray Jackson, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] hold_domains = *
On Thu, 6 May 2004, Frank Elsner wrote:

> On Thu, 06 May 2004 20:56:46 +1200 Ray Jackson wrote:
> > Because we are an ISP and host mail for hundreds of domains! We are doing the
> > migration at 5am in the morning and it should be done by 6am...
> >
> > 'hold_domains = *' is the easiest thing to do :)
>
> ACK. Do it that way.

Since you are going to restart the daemon anyway, you could also do

queue_only = true

and restart without the -q15m (or whatever time you use), so no queue
runners are started. This is a bit more to do, but is more efficient,
since it won't even start to deliver messages. With hold_domains, it
starts the delivery, and checks every recipient to see if it is held or
not.

But what the heck, you probably won't be able to tell the difference.