Re: [Exim] question about smtp-traffic

Autor: Yves Goergen
A: exim-users
CC: Development - multi.art.studio
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] question about smtp-traffic
On 29.04.2004 11:06 (+0100), Philip Hazel wrote:
> 2. You can write a program/script that "tails" the log file. It is then
> fully up-to-date.

(...)
> A separate process that "tails" the log file could provide this. As an
> add-on, it means that the overhead would not be imposed on people who
> don't want it. Furthermore, if it runs slowly, it won't hold up mail
> delivery. But somebody will have to implement it...

OK, sounds reasonable. But I didn't find information about the size of
transferred mails in the logs at first sight. The logs seem to be kind
of an unstructured debug output... Are there some criteria I can find
interesting lines with?

--
Yves Goergen <nospam.list@???>

BlackBoard Internet Newsboard System --> blackboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)