[Exim] troubleshooting verify recipient

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Joshua Alexander
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: [Exim] wishlist? quota for mbox delivery considering whole directory
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] troubleshooting verify recipient
Hi folks,

I'd like to use verify recipient on my cPanel server, but having some
trouble...

When I add "require verify = recipient" to my exim.conf and test it
with exim -bh, it ends the verification testing with ">>> no more
routers" and returns" 550 Unrouteable address".

Yet running exim -bt on the test address returns a router & transport
to be used.

I'm not sure what I'm seeing during the verification tests (sometimes
it calls a router, and then the router gets declined for the test
address, but it doesn't call all the routers, specifically the router
that -bt says should work).

The manual says "Routers can detect the difference between
verification and routing for delivery, and their actions can be
varied by a number of generic options such as verify and verify_only"

The router that -bt returns has neither a verify nor a verify_only
option set. Only these:

driver = accept
condition = "${perl{check_deliver}{$domain}{$local_part}}"
headers_remove="x-spam-exim"
domains = lsearch;/etc/userdomains
retry_use_local_part
transport = virtual_userdelivery

The verification testing shows the domain being found in
/etc/userdomains several times, but this happens much more often than
a router gets called.

So, I'm at a loss. Is it possible for the condition string to succeed
for -bt but fail during the -bh recipient verification process?

Any thing else come to mind? Any questions?

-Josh