[Exim] wishlist? quota for mbox delivery considering whole d…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Christian Balzer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: [Exim] troubleshooting verify recipient
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] wishlist? quota for mbox delivery considering whole directory
Hello,

Exim version 4.30 (Debian Sarge).

What I'm trying to achieve is to have Exim take the whole current
directory into account for quota calculations (and not just the
"inbox" file) when doing single file mailbox deliveries.
Of course this would be lethal in a /var/spool/mail/user scenario,
but in this case we're talking about a /home/user/mail/inbox type
setup and all the other IMAP folders will be in the same directory as
the inbox (and thusly should be accounted towards the quota).

Going maildir is not an option, converting a near six-digit amount of
mailboxes (in an "acceptable" time frame, which in user terms means
at most a minute of downtime ;) would put me in an early grave. Also

An extra flag or just a special case of "quota_directory" would do
the trick nicely I guess.

Guess this is a wishlist item, I vaguely remember people toying with
external quota (pointers are welcome, the limited search abilities on
the "new" archive are not helping ;). But since I want to use the Exim
internal quota warning message mechanism, an internal solution would be
much preferred.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services