Re: [Exim] exim segvaulting on debian testing

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: Exim-Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim segvaulting on debian testing
Nico Erfurth wrote:
> The only path I can see, where post-process is called directly after
> reading the spool-file, is when the message contains to many Received
> headers (exim will log a "suspected mailloop" message).
>
> Can you confirm that?

Yes, that's it. After downgrade every message that first segvaulted
produced a 'Too many "Received" headers' error.

> But I can't reproduce that crash here. :-/

I could reproduce it on my debian machines. (7 of them, each running
*exactly* same setup, though.) If you can't reproduce it on your boxes,
it really may be a problem with the debian packages. (Although exim
should catch it, shouldn't it?)

lg,
daniel