Re: [Exim] One mysql query

Autor: Dan Egli
A: Maykel Moya
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] One mysql query
Maykel Moya wrote:
> Eximers
>
> I've just installed vexim, nice to see the flexibility of ${lookup
> mysql{foo ...
>
> But, if i need to get three different data, I should do three queries,
> even if all data is in the same table, which makes possible to get them
> all in one query.
>
> Is it possible to make just a query and then instruct exim to get the
> data from the yielded row ?
>
> Regards,
> mike

assuming vexim uses the same lookup syntax as exim (never heard of
exim), then the question comes, what are you trying to do? I.e. is it
like a table with the username, maildir, password, quota, etc?

If so then it would absolutely HAVE to be different queries because it
could be an entirely different process that obtains the password vs
obtains the maildir or what not. Exim does not share data between
processes except with it's db files (retry, lookups, hints, etc...).

-- Dan