[Exim] EHLO,STARTTLS and callout,random

Autor: atverd
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] EHLO,STARTTLS and callout,random
I have two questions.

1. What is the reason for not accepting STARTTLS as the very first
command in a session?
Exim 3.x allowed this, but 4.x doesn't and looking at the source code
it seems like very intentional check. I don't mind, but it brakes option -starttls smtp in
openssl 0.9.7 which I used to verify smtp over TLS with 3.x.
F.e. this command works fine for exim 3.x, but doesn't for 4.32.
openssl s_client -starttls smtp -connect 10.10.10.233:25

2. When I do "callout,random" exim says:

'=' expected after "callout" in ACL condition "sender/no_details/callout,random"

"callout=30s,random" accepted fine and simple callout without '=30s'
accepted too. What does this mean? Is timeout required to specify option 'random'? Looks
like some bug in the parser, since I couldn't find anything specific about this in the
spec.txt.

Exim 4.32.