[Exim] Re: Virtual domain and alias problem

Autor: Björn Lindström
A: exim-users
CC: Peter Bowyer
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Virtual domain and alias problem
"Peter Bowyer" <peter@???> writes:

> Björn Lindström <bkhl@???> wrote:
>> I have this router in my config:
>>
>> virtual:
>> driver = redirect
>> domains = dsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual
>> data =
>> ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual/$domain}}
>> no_more
>>
>> And here is a typical $domain alias file:
>>
>> # Alias.
>> server: bkhl
>>
>> # The rest to sten.
>> *: sten
>>

>> Now, the problem is that it seems like the messages will first be
>> redirected according to the right alias files, which sends them along
>> to the alias file corresponding to the canonical name of the server.
>>
>> That file is the one above. As a result, *everything* is redirected to
>> the user sten.
>>
>> How do I get it to just use _one_ of the virtual domain alias files?
>
> Hmm... what outcome where you expecting from that router / alias file? As it
> stands, a mail addressed to server@virtualdomain will be aliased to
> bkhl@localhostname. If you want it rewritten to bkhl@virtualdomain instead,
> you need a
>
> qualify_preserve_domain
>
> option in the router. But bkhl@virtualdomain will be run through the routing
> again, and be aliased to sten@virtualdomain. Is this what you want?

No. I want all the aliases in one domain to be redirected according to
the corresponding alias file, only. Only mail actually addressed to (or
aliased to in another alias file) the canonical hostname should be
affected by the alias file that has its name.

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl@???>
http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/