Re: [Exim] Port 587

Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Port 587
On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 18:02 +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:53:24AM -0600, Craig Kelley wrote:
> > I've thought of using stunnel; it sounds like a better idea than running
> > two exim servers.
>
> Why? With stunnel you lose any possibilty to limit access based on the
> connecting hosts' address in exim.conf.

do you care about their IP if they are authenticated?

I would prefer two Exim instances anyway. I don't like to rely on
inetd, suddenly it decides the connection rate is too high and it drops
the service. if you're using stunnel in standalone daemon mode, where
is the advantage compared to an extra Exim daemon process?
--
Kjetil T.