Re: [Exim] Port 465

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Port 465
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 08:53:26AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Tony Finch wrote:
>>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>>>Run an additional daemon with
>>>exim -tls-on-connect -oX 587 -bd

>>You should use port 465 (the unofficial smtps port) for this. The standard
>>message submission port should not use -tls-on-connect.

[...]
> Also - I like config file conditionals. I'm not going to run multiple Exims.

There seems to be a misunderstanding.

Running multiple exim daemons does *not* require multiple exim
configration files or multiple exim spool directories. A configuration
file for one exim daemon listening on two ports looks exactly[1]
identical to one where the two separate exim daemons listen on the two
ports.
           cu andreas

[1] Almost. You'll probably use 'daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465' instead
of -oX on the commandline.