Re: [Exim] exim redirection doen't work properly....need hel…

Autor: DGO e.V. - Webmaster
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim redirection doen't work properly....need help
Nico Erfurth schrieb:

> DGO e.V. - Webmaster wrote:
>
>> hi there,
>>
>> i run exim 4.32 with mysql and i would like to redirect a virtual mail
>> address to a local mail account.
>> when i send a mail to that address, it gets redirected, so far so good.
>> but the sender recieves a mail delivery error
>> saying "mail@???" --- unroutable address. that has something to
>> do with the fact that exim also looks up
>> that address in the local mail accounts but doesn't find it of course.
>> Is there a way to prevent that?
>

> You should check the address with
> exim -d -bt virtual@???
>
> in many cases the debuglog will tell you what happens, and why.
>
> Nico

hm....maybe i have to explain the structure a little better.

i have to types of mail adresses:

1. local >> mail@??? (has a username and password for pop3
and so on and need space to store mails)
2. virtual >> virtual@??? (has NO username and NO password.
simply redirects to other addresses. has no pop3 access and so on)

exim works like that on my server:

1. mail arrives
2. ---- is the address virtual ? (yes ----- redirect to other address |
no ---- go on to next router)
3. ---- is the address local ? (yes ----- store mail to mailbox | no
---- send a mail delivery error)

the only way for me to fix that error-message is to use the virtual
address also as a local one and delete the incoming mails with a cronjob.
thats no good at all i find.

florian