Re: [Exim] RFC2920 and synchronization errors

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] RFC2920 and synchronization errors
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
> >
> > Also, if you are suggesting that your 'group' also
> > contains the actual DATA of the message then your client is broken.
>
> RFC 2920, section 3.1 paragraph 3
>
>    The actual transfer of message content is explicitly allowed to be
> the first "command" in a group. That is, a RSET/MAIL FROM sequence
> used to initiate a new message transaction can be placed in the same
> group as the final transfer of the headers and body of the previous
> message.

Yes I know that but what he siad was this:
"Imagine that I send (in one TCP command) all the commands in a group. It
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
doesn't *actually* say I need to wait for an answer."

So I was properly stating that if his "all the commands in a group" refered
to all MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, DATA, message content, and QUIT, then his client
would be broken.

He needs to clarify what commands he is including in his group definition
as what I gather is that he meant if he sent the entire SMTP transaction
including the actual message content in one group, not 2 or more as is
required.

--

--EAL--