Re: [Exim] Delivery delays - queueing vs. immediate delivery…

Autor: Marcin Owsiany
A: Exim users mailing list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delivery delays - queueing vs. immediate delivery?
On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 10:44:00AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> You could try running different kinds of queue runner. As long as you
> know the domains that route to host "X", you might be able to use -qR to
> start queue runners that only handle messages to host "X" (or not to
> host "X").

This is close. Unfortunately there are really many domains on that host
(thousands), so specifying them would be difficult.

It would be enough if I could make a queue runner start deliveries which
were set up by a certain router, or performed by a certain transport.

I have found something like this:

|    -qq...

|    An option starting with -qq requests a two-stage queue run. In the first stage,
|    the queue is scanned as if the queue_smtp_domains option matched every domain.
|    Addresses are routed, local deliveries happen, but no remote transports are
|    run.  [...]

How does exim distinguish local deliveries from remote transports in the above
case? (I guess this was directors vs. routers before 4.x, but now?) How
difficult would it be to make more flexible decisions, based on what was
specified on the command line (router name, transport name)? (I'm willing to
code it unless you think this is insane.)

regards,

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany