Re: [Exim] Exim generated bounce-addr rewrite

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Hämäläinen Jori
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim generated bounce-addr rewrite
On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 15:13 +0300, Hämäläinen Jori wrote:
> I need to rewrite empty sender (exim generated bounce) to a valid email address.

Do not do this. Bounces have an empty reverse path for a _reason_ -- to
prevent mail loops. To do otherwise is a dangerous violation of RFC2821
and a denial of service attack waiting to happen.

Failure to follow RFC2821 (and common sense) on this matter will get you
reported to the abuse department at your network provider for deliberate
and dangerous network abuse.

If you want help, describe the original problem you're trying to solve,
because what you envisage as the 'solution' is not correct.

--
dwmw2