[Exim] Exim generated bounce-addr rewrite

Autor: Hämäläinen Jori
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim generated bounce-addr rewrite
Hi,

I need to rewrite empty sender (exim generated bounce) to a valid email address.

This cannot be done in address rewriting because this valid email address is

generated from data in bounce message?

So a message exim receives via SMTP:

mail from: a@domain1

rcpt to: b@domain2

data

causes bounce because mail to domain2 cannot be delivered. And this

bounce is generated by my exim I am configuring.

normal bounce format:

mail from: <>

rcpt to: a@domain1

data

What I need to archieve is modified bounce addressing @ envelope-level:

mail from: error@domain2

rcpt to: postmaster@domain1 (<= $h_X-Errors-To)

What I have tried to do is a redirect-router:

bounce_route:

driver = redirect

senders = :

domains = !+local_domains

address_data = error@${sg{$h_X-Failed-Recipients:}{\N^(.*)\@(.*?)$\N}{\$2}}

data = $localpart@$domain

normal-case router has:

  errors_to = $h_Errors-To      (<= which should redirect errors to address domain1-admin wanted)

I tried searching help/faq but didn't find anything (lack of good keyworks?), and didn't find any way of

testing this bounce_route -router so it is very hard for trial and error.

Exim is v4.10..

Thanks in advance..

Best regards, Jori Hämäläinen