Re: [Exim] local_scan(): strange header structures.

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alexander Sabourenkov
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] local_scan(): strange header structures.
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:

> I have looked at the header types defined in macro.h, and it's still somewhat
> unclear to me which types I should ignore.

In TFM it says:

int type

A code identifying certain headers that Exim recognizes. The codes are
printing characters, and are documented in chapter 49 of this manual.
Notice in particular that any header line whose type is * is not
transmitted with the message. This flagging is used for header lines that
have been rewritten, or are to be removed (for example, Envelope-sender:
header lines.) Effectively, * means 'deleted'.

and in chapter 49 it has this table

  <blank>  header in which Exim has no special interest
   B       Bcc: header
   C       Cc: header
   F       From: header
   I       Message-id: header
   P       Received: header - P for 'postmark'
   R       Reply-To: header
   S       Sender: header
   T       To: header
   *       replaced or deleted header

> I think there should be at least a note that there can be empty entries in the
> list.

Yes.