Re: [Exim] starting to get the hang of things..

Página Inicial
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: Brian, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] starting to get the hang of things..
At 9:10 am -0400 2004/04/21, Brian wrote:
[...]
>There are some domains that I do not have a complete or accurate user
>listings for the other side, and for those domains I would like to
>accept all email in the local_part for some relay_to_domains.
>
>How would I do that?

first of all just have two different relay_to_domainas (with
different names of course: the name is just a convention), one for
domains of which you have the full user list and the other for those
for which you don't. Also, if you know that their smtp server does
recipient checking at smtp time, add a:

verify = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok

so that you do not need to accept all recipients if the final server
is up (this will mainly be used to cut spam that tries to circumvent
recipient checking by targeting a secondary MX). Read the recent
thread on recipient callout for some subtleties.

[...]
>Also I would also like to have some type of reject-ability for certain
>local_parts. Clues appreciated on where/how to do that.. It would have
>to be a check before it was accepted.
>
>I would also like to include a description that would be returned to the
>user if sending to this address was attempted.
>
>Possibly something like this in the file:
>
>user@???: This account has been suspended - [20040421]
>someoneelse@???: This user did not send you a virus - [blah]
>
>something like that maybe?

you could put that in the alias file:

auser: :fail: This account has been suspended - [20040421]

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/